Welcome to Myosteo Health & Therapy
Here at Myosteo Health & Therapy we use various techniques designed to assist and release tension in the body. This tension may have been triggered by wear & tear, poor posture, disease, physical injury & emotional stress.
The difference between Myosteopractic and Massage:
- Addresses tension existing across multiple structures of the body (skeletal, muscular, nervous system, organ function).
- Does not follow a “sequence”.
- Uses your body as a biofeedback indicator to locate areas of tension.
- One remains fully clothed.
- Focuses primarily on releasing tension in
a single body structure (muscular).
- Except for Sports Massage, Holistic & Deep Tissue Massage usually follows a “sequence”.
- Uses the practitioner’s experience in
locating areas of tension.
- Removal of clothing, except under garments.
Myosteopractic is a whole body approach of which its primary focus is to assist the release of Related Held Tension™.
Whole body approach means that we recognise that the body works as a whole and that tension and dysfunction frequently move from, and between, one structure to another.
Massage is the manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques.
This is to enhance function, aid in the healing process, decrease muscle reflex activity, inhibit motor-neuron excitability, promote relaxation and well-being.
Scenar Therapy is a breakthrough alternative in non-invasive, drug-free healthcare that helps speed up recovery from a range of illnesses and injuries by stimulating the body’s self-healing resources. It also assists in effective chronic pain management and rapid pain relief.
View some of our happy clients' feedback about visiting Kirsten at Myosteo Health & Therapy and see how she has helped them.