Welcome to Myosteo Health & Therapy
The difference between Myosteopractic and Massage:
- Addresses tension existing across multiple structures of the body (skeletal, muscular, nervous system, organ function).
- Does not follow a “sequence”.
- Uses your body as a biofeedback indicator to locate areas of tension.
- One remains fully clothed.
- Focuses primarily on releasing tension in
a single body structure (muscular).
- Except for Sports Massage, Holistic & Deep Tissue Massage usually follows a “sequence”.
- Uses the practitioner’s experience in
locating areas of tension.
- Removal of clothing, except under garments.
Myosteopractic is a whole body approach of which its primary focus is to assist the release of Related Held Tension™.
Whole body approach means that we recognise that the body works as a whole and that tension and dysfunction frequently move from, and between, one structure to another.
This is to enhance function, aid in the healing process, decrease muscle reflex activity, inhibit motor-neuron excitability, promote relaxation and well-being.